Membership of Trout Guides & Lodges Tasmania
Trout Guides & Lodges Tasmania is recognised by industry & Government as the definitive freshwater fishing industry representative body for trout guides & lodges in Tasmania. We operate with Tourism Tasmania as their promotional partner in marketing Tasmania's recreational trout fishery.
We have a number of membership categories: Full Membership, Affiliate Membership, & House Guide (Information about each is below).
The strength of organisations such as ours comes with growth and membership numbers, in addition to its own core vale operations. We encourage trout guides, private fisheries & lodges to apply for Full Membership to our association, and trout fishing related business to apply for Affiliate Membership.
You are most welcome to come along to a committee meeting as an observer. Contact the TGALT President to enquiry about upcoming meetings.
Here are the benefits enjoyed by TGALT members:
Full membership is open to Trout Guides, Lodges & Private Fisheries.
7 reasons why Full Membership is good for your business:
1. Marketing benefits
- TGALT Website
- Targeted marketing activities including print, digital & events
- Social media - Facebook and Instagram
- Promotion through Discover Tasmania
- Representation at selected trade & consumer shows
- Direct relationships with angling travel agents for the UK & Japan
2. Group public liability insurance scheme
- Significant savings for Full Members
3. Group permits
- Hydro: for Full Members carrying out activities on Hydro waters
- Others as relevant
4. A voice
- We have a powerful voice via our partnerships within the industry. You can add to TGALT's input into the management & development of the fishery via our strong relationships & industry associations
- Opportunities via TGALT's relationships & events
6. Professional status
- Recognition by visiting anglers, clients & within the industry as a professional tourism operation
7. Industry wholesale product discounts
- Various suppliers offer excellent discounts to TGALT Full Members
Regular Full Membership fee: $350.00 per annum. However current 2021-22 Season fee has been set at $250.
How to become a TGALT "Full Member"
TGALT’s Affiliate Members have an interest in trout fishing but do not provide full guiding services.
Benefits of Affiliate Membership are:
- Access to our full members & through them their clients' requirements
- Opportunities to promote your products and services interstate through our consumer show activities
- Information on Tasmania's niche recreational activities promotions
- Listing on TGALT website with links to own email and website.
Affiliate Membership fee: $75.00 per annum.
How to become a TGALT "Affiliate Member"
A house guide is someone who works for a full member guide or a full member lodge. Residential/House guide membership is free however we ask that they meet the standards required of member guides and that they be registered under your business membership.
Other Membership Questions
For further details about any type of TGALT membership, please contact our Membership Officer.